My Redbubble

Monday, November 3, 2008

Tuesday is Election Day!

I just wanted to urge everyone to Vote in Tuesday's Election as it is important that Americans exercise their privilege as citizens. Many people all over the world have died or were thrown in jail trying to obtain the privilege that many people in the U.S. take for granted, or look at as an annoyance. I myself am excited to Vote for the 1st time, and take part in the democratic process.

That being said, I would also like to urge everyone to Vote sensibly. Do not vote for a candidate just because of Skin color (whether White or Black), or because a certain candidate is better looking. It should always be about the issues. If you evaluate your pick on the issues, and still come to the same conclusion, great. Never Vote solely on emotion either. Ask yourself if you stand for what this candidate stands for, and if "yes", then vote for him. For me, there is no such thing as life long Republican, or life long Democrat....only Liberal and Conservative Ideology. Don't vote for a party, just because of the party.

1 comment:

Janai Fuentes said...

Very good!

I tagged you on my Teen Impact blog!