My Redbubble

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The "Obama" Factor

Although I personally didn't Vote for President-Elect Obama, I wanted to see the Silver Lining in the Cloud. Foremost in my mind is the tremendous amount of both Publicity and Support that he has and will bring to Chicago's Olympic Bid. Already Tokyo 2016 Officials have commented on their concern for the influence that he brings to Chicago's Bid. A couple days later Madrid and Tokyo tried to downplay their concerns and comments......but that quick break in their confidence invigorates our Bid. Only Upstart Rio hasn't commented (to my knowledge). Two major things I sincerely hope Obama will do as President is:

1. Make the Case for Chicago's Bid in the Final Presentation.

2. Go to Denmark to support Chicago on the day the Host City is chosen.

Having the President pitch for his Hometown is always welcome. I hope that he can take some time out of his busy schedule for that.

Also, USA Soccer is hoping that he will be able to do his bit for their hope to capture either the 2018 or 2022 FIFA World Cup. Having the Olympics followed directly by the World Cup would be an awesome experience for the United States.

No comments: