My Redbubble

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Chinese (Lunar) New Year!

I know it is a little late.......

This past Sunday (Feb.1), my dad and I went to Chinatown to see the Chinese New Year Parade and have Lunch. We learned our lesson from last year and took the Bus instead of driving, as we could not find parking and had to walk from pretty far. There was quite a bit of people in Chinatown for the parade, as the weather was agreeable (and the fact that last year was below zero, lol). We ended up eating at a nice, out-of-the-way restaurant my dad and I like, "Kam Fung". After Lunch we made perfect time to catch the Parade start. It is a nice parade, with the Dragon and Lion Costumes, School Bands, Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White, Linda Yu, Ronald McDonald, etc.. Afterwards, we did some looking around and shopping, then headed home. We had a really good time!

2 comments:

Kiat said...

You are more Chinese than I do! I chose to stay at home than joining the parade because it's too crowded! (Crowd phobia??)

And even when it's not a holiday finding parking in Chinatown is hard enough already...

William D. said...

lol, I know....it was crowded, luckily, since we took the Bus, parking wasn't a problem.