My Redbubble

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Yong-In University & Yong-In Martial Arts (용인)



While he was still in South Korea, my master, Jeon You-Jeong(전 유정) went to a Private University called Yong-In 대학교(University). This University is located near Seoul (the capital of South Korea) in a city called.....Yong-In City. The school started out as a Martial Arts school called "대한유도학교"(Korean Judo College) in Seoul and later moved to Yong-In City. It grew from only around 150 students to over 6,000 today and is still considered the foremost Martial Arts University in Asia, although now there are many other colleges such as: Sports Science, Arts, Business Administration, and Library. All the people I have met and become friends with from this school are exceptionally skilled at Martial Arts, and Tae Kwon Do in particular. I really enjoyed visiting the School while I was in Korea. The training gyms for Martial Arts there are very large and well equipped and there is a multi level building totally devoted to Martial Arts....A big difference from Martial Art schools here in the United States.

I also wanted to mention that my Tae Kwon Do school "Yong-In Martial Arts" is named after this University, as many times a master will name his school after the one he came from. Our main school is located in Chicago, this is the school that I currently attend. We also have a 2nd location near the Town of Lagrange. We currently have four masters from Yong-In University at our school: Master Jeon You-Jeong, Master Han, Master Park, and Master Han (2 of our masters have the same last name. : ) In addition to the Masters, we also have a head Instructor, Misael, a Black Belt from Mexico. I myself am an Assistant Instructor. I also have some good friends there. Here is the logo for our school:

1 comment:

Janai Fuentes said...

Interesting...

Nice logo!