My Redbubble

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Little Korean

For anyone interested I would like to show how to write and say the days of the week in Korean. Unlike the names of the days in english, which mean nothing anymore, everyday of the week in Korean has a different meaning. there meanings are: Sunday (Sun), Monday(Moon), Tuesday(Fire), Wednesday(Water), Thursday(Trees), Friday(Gold), and Saturday(Land). So here they are in English, Korean, and Chinese. Enjoy!

Sunday.....일요일.....Ir-yo-il.....日曜日
Monday.....월요일.....Weol-yo-il.....月曜日
Tuesday.....화요일.....Hwa-yo-il.....火曜日
Wednesday.....수요일.....Su-yo-il.....水曜日
Thursday.....목요일.....Mok-yo-il.....木曜日
Friday.....금요일.....Keum-yo-il.....金曜日
Saturday.....토요일.....T'o-yo-il.....土曜日

2 comments:

Daniel Devine said...

Hey, nice blog William! I like the Chinese (or is it Korean?) music in the background. . . The only problem is that my browser doesn't seem to read your Korean characters. I guess I need to download a language pack or something.

William D. said...

Sorry that your not able to see the characters, maybe go to your regional and language section on your control panel might work, I had to b4 I was able to write in Korean and Chinese. I think it's a east asian language setting you need to turn on. or try right clicking on the text and click encoding then select Korean from a list. Hope that helps. Thanks for the comment, 감사함니다!